Valium (Brand (by Roche) Diazepam)
Valium is the brand name of the active ingredient Diazepam. It effectively reduces the frequency of spasm and has an analgesic effect.We accept:
Valium (Diazepam) can be used not only to treat seizures, but also for:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Panic fear
- Increased irritability
- Conduct Disorder
Despite the fact that this drug has antidepressant properties, it has a general sedative and relaxing effect which positively affects patient’s central nervous system, and quickly cope with the symptoms of nervous system disorders.
Dosing and Administration
In treatment of severe diseases of central nervous system Valium (Diazepam) is used under medical supervision. If you have never used strong muscle relaxants and do not know how they operate, it is recommended to consult your doctor and to find out the dosing regimen and recommendations for use.
- For adults, the optimal dose is 10 mg 2 times a day, in the morning and evening
- The maximum daily dose for adults is 20 mg 3 times a day, prescribed in cases of nervous system severe disorders under the supervision of a physician.
- Children from 2 to 5 mg 2-3 times a day, depending on the age and type of disorder.
- The dosage for children should not exceed 15 mg per day.
Side effects of Valium (Diazepam) can be observed within the first few days of treatment. Most common side effects are: dizziness, drowsiness, lethargy, weakness, fatigue, decreased coordination, and slowing of psychomotor reactions. Most of the side effects are short-term and will gradually disappear, so the patient continues the treatment, without discomforts.
This drug depresses the central nervous system when using with other drugs and side effects may be amplified, so you need to reduce the single dose of Valium (Diazepam).
• Information provided in this article is for only general knowledge and is not a guide to action. The creators of this web site only provide information that you need to know for safe use of drugs, but it is strongly recommended to consult an expert doctor before you start taking any medication.